The Seekirchen
The Seekirchen is just west of Seefeld at the beginning of the wide unobstructed Möserertales on a small rocky island. Archduke Sigismund the Rich was here in the middle of the 15th Century can create an artificial lake that was drained around 1807. The church is also called the Holy Cross Church, after the miraculous Cross from the beginning of the 16th Century on the high altar. The Augustinian monks had this set up as a crossroads near the present location.
Die Heiligkreuzkapelle ist ein frühbarocker Zentralbau und wird dem Innsbrucker Hofbaumeister Christoph Gumpp zugeschrieben. Über einer achteckigen Rotunde erhebt sich eine hohe Kuppel mit Laterne für den Lichteinfall. Zwei Seiten des Oktogons sind durch halbrunde Nischen für die Seitenaltäre erweitert. Gegen Südosten schließen ein quadratischer Altarraum, eine kleine Sakristei und der Turm an.
Das Renaissance-Portal ist in grauem Marmor ausgeführt und trägt das Allianzwappen Österreich-Medici with archduke of white marble. The same coat of arms, we find again the high altar, it refers to the marriage of Leopold to Claudia de 'Medici. Through a beautiful, richly decorated wooden door from the years 1630-1650 you get into the interior of the giggles. Walls and dome are divided by stucco friezes. In the fields of the dome-than-life angels with suffering tools are shown in bright colors. The paintings are attributed to the painter Hans Schor Innsbruck.
the graceful rococo altar with the miraculous Cross has set up in 1768 Hans Greuter, as a little later the two side altars. The altar panels on the left show the cross by the St Discovery. Helena and right the Exaltation of the Cross by Emperor Heraclius to Jerusalem. Both paintings are signed with Joseph A. Puellacher. From him, the wall frescoes are the issues of cross legends. The Stations of the Cross in the Tuscan pilasters are formed by an unknown artist around 1830. The small wooden platform on the parapet with five popular paintings, which point to the influence of the Augustinian Hermits and from the beginning of the 19th Century come from. Shown are St.. Augustine, Nicholas of Tolentino, Thomas de Villanova and John a Facundo. Since 2003, a small electronic organ stands in the gallery.