Zur Geschichte der Wallfahrt und des Gotteshauses
The farmer George Höfle, however, did time with the fulfillment of his vow. According to tradition, this is the reason that the Virgin Mary in 1629, ie during the Thirty Years War (1618-1648), the two sons of farmers, Martin and John, appeared!
The plans for this church were from the city architect Michael Bregenzer Kuen (around 1610-1686) and made the then submitted to the competent Ordinary Vorarlberg lowlands in Constance, which even zur Vergrößerung des Baues ermunterte. Am 12. April 1663 weihte der Konstanzer Weihbischof Georg Sigismund Müller den Grundstein.
Großzügige Widmungen an die 1657 mit der Messlizenz ausgestattete Kapelle waren die Folge von vielen Gebetserhörungen und "Mirakeln". 1676 betreute ein zweiter Kaplan die Pilger (später bis zu vier Kapläne). 1684 wurden 27.500 Kommunikanten gezählt. 1666 folgte die Stiftung des Muttergottesbenefiziums, 1676 des St.-Josefs-, 1695 des St.-Sebastians- und 1702 des St.-Joachimsbenefiziums. Die 1682 gegründete Jesus-, Maria- und Josefs-Bruderschaft zählte 1690 bereits 40.000 Mitglieder. In der großen Zahl der Wohltäter steht Graf Maximilian Laurentius von Starhemberg an vorderster Place. He donated including 1683 still used magnificent monstrance and silver cruets, a Kaplaneipfründe and 1,500 guilders for his grave lay in the tomb before the high altar. With the conquest of the city of Mainz in September 1689 he was severely wounded. After his death, he was transferred to Bildstein and 11 October 1689 buried in his tomb.
On 2 May 1670, the church was consecrated by the Bishop of Constance Sigismund Georg Müller. Not received the device with three Baroque altars (1675/79), has the organ of Jacob Rheineck of Mesmer (1674) and in 1683 by brothers Leonard and Peter Ernst converted from Lindau cast bells. 1682 were all gold and Silberzierate been stolen from the high altar, the tabernacle and the miraculous image. Of the seven, 1683 by Matthäus Zehender Bregenz painter painted votive tablets with the scenes of the Seven Sorrows of Mary is that of Weingarten Abt endowed votive "Jesus' farewell to his mother survived (stairway to the gallery). More Baroque votive tablets are on the back wall under the gallery. Through the adoption of Emperor Joseph II in 1785 was the miraculous image of the high altar stripped and transferred to a side altar, the votive paintings removed from the nave, and ordered the abolition of the solemn processions and church services at the fraternity days. 1792 Bildstein was assessed following the membership since 1512 to the parish Wolfurt independent Parish collected.
From: Quick & Steiner, Art Guide No. 649 (1957), 7 revised edition 2007
Pilgrimage Church Bildstein / Vorarlberg. The statue, carved by 1390th
Pilgrimage Church Bildstein / Vorarlberg. Pieta, carved from wood, 1700.
Parish and Pilgrimage Church of the Visitation, A-6858 Bildstein / Vorarlberg. Interior view.
0 comments:
Post a Comment